Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lack of involvement...

As I said before, I don't quite like "blogging" or the online communities. I found out pretty quickly after I signed up for facebook and myspace that I spent way too much time "surfing" when I could have been doing other things that are more valuable with my time. Now I just kind of sign in and out sporadically.

I used to keep an online journal in high school. It wasn't known site like xanga or livejournal I kind of wanted to be anonymous. One day I stumbled upon this website called melodramatic.com. At the time it had something like two or three hundred users. Logging in was a pain in the butt due to server overflow. I really liked conversing with people I didn't know. I think it made it an unbiased medium for people to voice their opinions without the backlash of prejudice.

As you can see, I'm not a big blogger and never have been. But I think that this course will enable me to have a different prospective about the online communities.

Anyhoo, after I thought about what I should write in this post, I wanted to include a copy of the "Map of Online Communities" photo here. I thought it was funny and quite brilliant! And all I had to do was google "Map of Online Communities" and link it here. It popped up as the first search. Nothing about the internet surprises me anymore to be honest.



No comments:

Post a Comment